Thursday, July 24, 2014

Mosiah 5

Mosiah 5

Steadfast and Immoveable

I like that in verse 15 it states, "Therefore, I would that ye should be steadfast and immovable, always abounding in good works, that Christ, the Lord God Omnipotent, may seal you his, that you may be brought to heaven, that ye may have everlasting salvation and eternal life, through the wisdom, and power, and justice, and mercy of him who created all things, in heaven and in earth, who is God above all. Amen" (Mosiah 5:15)
I think it is easy to become complacent in our devotion to our Heavenly Father. AS we fill our lives with the many tasks that are before us, we can easily neglect the things that are most important. As we do so, we may find ourselves on a path that we had never intended. Maintaining a testimony of the Gospel is something that takes work. WE must be diligent in keeping His commandments. We must be reading and studying the scriptures. WE must do as this scripture states, "be steadfast and immoveable" (Mosiah 5:15). There have been many examples throughout history of people who were once strong in our faith, but through lack of devotion--fell away. In my life, I know of other's who have chosen to allow the "busyness of life" to override the importance of Gospel diligence. We cannot let this happen for us. I feel protected as I study the scriptures. I am constantly reminded of the things that matter most.

No comments:

Post a Comment