Monday, October 19, 2015

Moroni 1-6

I love Moroni. I love the gems of wisdom he has left for us to indulge our thoughts; however, I think that I love his example best. One of my top, top, top--favorite parts of all The Book of Mormon happens in verse 2 & 3 of Moroni chapter 1. It says, "For behold, their wars are exceedingly fierce among themselves and because of their hatred they put to death every Nephite that will not deny the Christ. And I, Moroni, will not deny the Christ; wherefore, I wander whithersoever I can for the safety of mine own life.

His example creates awe in my heart, and I long to be like him. I want to always stand for truth and righteousness. I want to stand firm against any trial. I want to be able to die for my Savior, because of the testimony ingrained in my heart. At this moment, I know I am not where I need to be spiritually in order for me to be like Moroni, but I have a lifetime to perfect it, and I won't stop...

In chapter 6, it speaks of this desire I am trying to articulate. In verse 4 it reads, "And after they had been received unto baptism, and were wrought upon and cleansed by the power of the Holy Ghost, they were numbered among the people of the church of Christ; and their names were taken, that they might be remembered and nourished by the good word of God, to keep them in the right way, to keep them continually watchful unto prayer, relying alone upon the merits of Christ, who is the author and finisher of their faith."

As we rely on Christ, our faith becomes more pure, and we become His. He is the author and the finisher of my faith. In Him I have trusted, and in Him, I will continue to trust. He lifts me. He guides me. And he loves me to the end. Oh, how marvelous my Savior is to me. How sweet is my joy. For I know that He is the reason for my joy, and for my strength.

This last year as I lost my second brother to death, I know He has carried me. I know He continues to carry me. And I have no doubt that as I rely on Him, all will be well.


No comments:

Post a Comment