Monday, May 11, 2015

3 Nephi 14

As I continue to read about the be-attitudes, I reflect on my life, and I how I can be better now. IN verse 20 it states, "Wherefore, by their fruits ye shall know them." I feel I have met with several people who are struggling with their testimonies, because of things they have read concerning Joseph Smith. As I read The Book of Mormon, I feel power in each page, my life is changed for the better, and I am have felt the spirit guiding me to make right choices. Joseph Smith translated The Book of Mormon. I am sure he made mistakes in his life as he was only a man--not a God; however, I can't deny that he was a prophet of God, because of the fruits he was able to bring forth during his life. I can't deny what I feel when I read from The Book of Mormon. I know it to be true. I have no doubt that it is another testament of Jesus Christ. I have no doubt that the Lord himself guided the publication of this book. This whole thought goes along with several more scriptures in this chapter as well.

Verse 3: "And why beholdest thou the bean in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye."

I don't desire to know all of Joseph Smith's transgressions. Nor do I think, we can possible know them accurately. Without Joseph being able to testify against them on his behalf, I think we will never know the whole story. Although I believe that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God, I also believe that he was a man, and being a man--he was prone to make a few mistakes. In saying this, I am not excusing him of evil; however, because of his "fruits", I believe that some of the "evil" that is being said, is fabricated by the devil. I truly believe that someone who was "evil" could not have translated The Book of Mormon; therefore, Joseph Smith was a prophet, and the evil that has been and will continue to be spoken of him is a misrepresentation of a prophet of God.

Verse 14: "Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."

I think we have to willing to seek and pray for answers in our day. As I study the scriptures, and as I pray, I know the Lord will guide me. There are many things that can pull me away from my testimony if I allow them to do so; however, I have no doubt that if I am doing my part--God will lead me through that narrow gate.

In our day, I see many who have fallen away, and who continue to fall away. I pray for the strength to continue on the path for I know Satan is aware and very real. I am at war with him, and I am determined to win.

Finally, on another thought, the Lord admonishes us to do his will and build our "testimonies" on his foundation. Those of us who "heareth" His sayings and "doeth" them, will be built on a firm foundation (verse 24-27). Sometimes it is difficult to follow the Lord's will, or to even accept His will in our lives. Some of these moments, can cause us great distress, and could be a reason or someone to fall away.

I will never profess to understand all that is God's will, but I will bear testimony that I know that He is overall, and if I trust in Him all will be right in my life. I may not like His will, but I know that all things will work out for my good. I know that I will become better as I trust in Him. Just recently, my little brother passed away. I wish it wasn't God's will to take him. I wish there was a different plan. However, I know that as I rely on my Father in heaven, all things will work together. This is called faith. I may not understand all things, but I know that with God--all things will be right. Right now my heart hurts, and I find myself battling depression--He never said these trials would be easy, but He did say He would help us through them. So, I trust. I pray. I ask for help. And I know someday--I will be on the other side of this pain, and because I trust in God and His will, I also know that I will see my brother again.

No comments:

Post a Comment