Monday, September 28, 2015

Ether 3


Ether 3

|I have continued studying the scriptures, but I haven't kept as faithful of a journal as in times past. I am attempting to repent of that today with this entry.

There were several things that touched me about Ether 3.

I loved that in verse 14 it describes Christ through Christ's own words:
"Behold, I am he who was prepared from the foundation of the world to redeem my people. Behold, I am Jesus Christ. I am the Father and the Son. In me shall all mankind have life, and that eternally, even they who shall believe on my name; and they shall become my sons and my daughters."

We are God's children. Jesus Christ loves us. He paid the price for our sins so that we might be redeemed.

I also love the faith demonstrated by the Brother of Jared. He had the faith to believe that if he asked God to touch the stones, then he would. He had the faith to ask. He had the faith to trust. He gave us an example of how we can pray to our Heavenly Father when we are faced with trials. And probably more poignant was what God taught us through this interchange. We can learn from this account that answers to our prayers do not always come in the same way. Sometimes Heavenly Father will tell us; however, sometimes we will need to come up with a solution on our own, and then move forward with faith--just like the Brother of Jared moved forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment