Monday, September 28, 2015

Ether 6

Ether 6

I love the gratitude expressed in this chapter. As the Jaredites traveled towards the promised land the did "sing praises unto the Lord..., and did thank and praise the Lord all the day long; and when the night came, they did not cease to praise the Lord" (vs 9). Then in verse 12 it states that "when they had set their feet upon the shores of the promised land, and did humble themselves before the Lord, and did shed tears of joy before the Lord" (vs. 12).

How many times in my life do I shed tears of gratitude towards the Lord? I know the Lord blesses me. I know it happens on a daily basis. However, I think it's easy to neglect those blessings in the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Someday I am positive that I will be accountable for my lack of gratitude towards my Heavenly Father. I am humbled at my lack of gratitude. In my heart, I am grateful, but I don't often express that gratitude. I know that I am sinning by not expressing gratitude for my blessings. Please Heavenly Father, help me to become better in expressing a sincere thanks for all that I know thou does for me. Help me to stop and express a sincere expression of gratitude. Help me to take the time. Help me to not allow the busyness of our daily lives to get in the way of what matters most. Help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment