Tuesday, November 24, 2015

1 Nephi 9

When I first started reading this chapter, I almost stated zoning out. I have read it several times; I know what it is about. However, as I continued to read, the spirit touched me with an understanding that was just for me today.

Just recently, I asked the Lord, "What Lack I Yet?" It's a phrase spoken by a rich young ruler during the Savior's time in the New Testament. For years, I have been impressed to WRITE--write about my impressions while reading the scriptures, write about my personal experiences, and write about the Lord's blessings in my daily life. When I asked the Lord what I lacked, the distinct impression came that I needed to write how the Lord was blessing me. It is something I have started and stopped for years. I always start out with a strong determination, but then slowly fade. This morning as I was reading chapter 9, a verse touched my heart. It reads, "Wherefore, the Lord hath commanded me to make these plates for a wise purpose in him, which purpose I know not. But the Lord knoweth all things from the beginning ; wherefore, he prepareth a way to accomplish all his works among the children of men..." I want to follow all that the Lord prompts me to do. My flesh is weak; however, I know that with the Lord--I can do all things. And so I pray again today, for His helping hand, and I start anew with the desire to follow my Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment