Wednesday, January 18, 2017

1 Nephi 3

TRUST IN THE LORD

When Nephi and his brothers were sent to get the plates, even though the Lord commanded them to do so--it still wasn't easy. They attempted to get the plates from Laban twice with complete failure and nearly dying in both of those attempts. It wasn't until their third attempt that Nephi actually obtained the plates. This experience causes me to reflect on our own lives. I think I mistakenly assume that when I am on the Lord's errand, the circumstances surrounding that errand will become easy. I assume that He wants me to accomplish the task; therefore, any or all difficulty will be avoided. However, this just simply isn't the case. We are taught that there must be opposition in all things. Understanding that opposition comes even when we are doing good is crucial in our success with whatever it is that we are endeavoring to accomplish.

As we understand the opposition we may face, it gives us the strength to preserver in faith. Believing that God truly is with us, and as we preserver he will create an opportunity for us to succeed. But faith isn't just a hope it requires action and the Lord can't help us unless we are continually moving our feet "acting" as He would need us to do so. As we "act", He will guide those actions into our accomplishing the task. It won't be easy. It won't necessarily happen on the first attempt; however, as we trust that He truly will help us despite the opposition we face, we will succeed.

I have been attempting to write a book for several years. I think I have been allowing the opposition to win. I trust in the Lord; however, my trust is lessoned as the enormity of the task overwhelms my senses. Only through faith and trust in Him will this goal be accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment