Monday, December 5, 2016

Ether 2

The brother of Jared is chastised in this chapter for not calling on the Lord more through prayer. It always hits me to think how important it is to pray to our Heavenly Father. It is easy for us to go about our daily lives and neglect that divine communication. And yet... the Lord speaks of this as a sin.

Verse 14 states:
"And it came to pass at the end of four years that the Lord came again unto the brother of Jared, and stood in a could and talked with him. And for the space of three hours did the Lord talk with the brother of Jared, and chastened him because he remembered not to call upon the name of the Lord.

Reading this is a chastisement to me. I know that I need to pray more often to my Father in Heaven. It is not my intention to neglect communicating with Him; however, I know that I do. I am going to pray for help to pray more .

No comments:

Post a Comment