Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Abinadi

ABINADI's FAITH


Abinadi is my hero. Ever since I was a little girl I have loved Abinadi. I love that Abinadi had the courage to testify even when he knew he could die. I love that when death was inevitable--he still did not falter. I love his strength of character, his testimony, and his love for the Savior. I want to be like Abinadi. I want to have the strength of character to testify of my Savior no matter the consequences. I want to have a testimony of the Gospel so strong that--I too, could testify unto death. I want the Savior to be the center of my life.

When I was a little girl I often wondered why God didn't just save Abinadi? Why He didn't help Abinadi like he helped Elijah, or even Daniel? There are numerous scriptural accounts where God comes to the rescue, and then there are those where He doesn't. The scriptures explain that God does all things for a wise purpose. 

I think this life is about faith. BAD things can happen to GOOD people. We have to have faith to understand that no matter what happens--it is for a wise purpose, and as Doctrine and Covenants 90:24 states we have to have faith to believe that no matter what happens, "all things will work together for our good". This kind of faith will require a heart converted to the Lord. It will require an Abinidi heart. This kind of faith is the kind of faith I am seeking!

No comments:

Post a Comment