Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Mosiah 13

Obey the Lord
Abinadi testifies


Mosiah 13:9
"But I finish my message; and then it matters not whither I go, if it so be that I am saved."

Abinadi knows that he could die, but it doesn't matter to him. His only care is to do as the Lord commands. How many times am I prompted to do something, and I fail? I want to be the kind of person that the Lord knows He can call on--anytime, anywhere.

I am inspired by a latter day prophet learning this same lesson. When President Monson was in a meeting, he was prompted to leave immediately and go to the hospital, because he was sitting on the stand, he struggled to get up until after the meeting was over. Once he arrived at the hospital, the person he was sent to see had passed away. He said that this lesson was not lost on him. He would never again wait to follow a prompting (Heidi Swinton, BYU Idaho Education Week, August 1, 2014).

No comments:

Post a Comment