Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Helaman 10

This section of scripture inspires me to be just like Nephi. I like what the Lord says to Nephi in verse 4. He says, "Blessed are thou, Nephi (insert Carrie), for those things which thou has done; for I have beheld how thou hast with unwearyingness declared the word, which I have given unto thee, unto this people. And thou has not sought thine own life, but thou has sought my will, and to keep my commandments."

I want the Lord to be able to say this to me someday. It is so easy to be caught up in what others may think, or the busyness of life, or our own ambitions; however, seeking the Lord's will over our own is the ultimate goal. In the end, His will is all that matters. In order to maintain this perspective, I think we must keep an eternal perspective in our minds.

Later in this chapter, when the Lord is finished talking with Nephi, Nephi immediately turns around and begins to preach to the people again. Sadly, as I place myself in Nephi's position--after being gone from home for quite some time--I could see myself justifying a return to home first. Perhaps, for a much needed nap, or something to eat. I can see myself returning home for rejuvenation, and then immediately going back to the work. The example of Nephi is so powerful, because he immediately turned around. He immediately did as the Lord prompted. I wonder how many times I have received a prompting, and have every intention of completing it; however, due to less important tasks, I forget. Nephi's example to immediately "go and do" is a lesson I need. I want to follow his example. I want to immediately go and do.

No comments:

Post a Comment