Monday, April 27, 2015

3 Nephi 10

As the Savior is speaking with the people he says, "How oft would I have gathered you as a hen gathereth her chickens and ye would not." This phrase is mentioned a couple of times as the Savior speaks with the people. As I read this phrase, I wondered--how many times does He now try to gather us, and we do not hear? How do we shut out the worlds sufficiently to hear His voice accurately? 

How is the Lord gathering me? Am I seeing what He is doing for me in my life? Am I open to His communications?

I am grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that God lives. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet who translated The Book of Mormon. As I read from The Book of Mormon, I feel the truthfulness of its doctrine. It guides me and teaches me in my life to become a better person. It is something that makes me better. I have recently had conversations with people who are struggling with their testimonies, and as I seek to help them, I want to record how I know. Although this testimony is simple, I can feel it in my heart. I trust that anything that makes me better--must be good; anything that enlightens me--must be good; anything that directs my path towards the Savior--must be good. I trust that I may not understand all things, but that God does, and He will direct me--he will gather me if I allow Him to do so. We live in a day and age where there are many confusions and contentions. In order to rise above that confusion, we must be willing to trust, to seek, and to persevere. Faith is not something for the faint of heart. I think back on Joseph Smith's early days of the church how he had to study to get his answers. It wasn't taught to him immediately, but over a long period of time. There is information put out by the church that has caused a lot of confusion about Joseph Smith. I haven't read it. I am debating whether I should or not; I don't always feel that I need to know everything to know that the church is true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment