Wednesday, April 22, 2015

3 Nephi 7

I am inspired that after the scriptures speak of the people putting all of the prophets to death for their testimony, this chapter speaks of Nephi having the courage to stand despite the possible consequences. Nephi's testimony was so great he couldn't contain it within his heart. It didn't matter to him that it could possibly mean death. So great was his faith that God gave him the power to raise his brother from the dead (3 Nephi 7:19). In verse 20 it describes how the people felt of his raising his brother from the dead by saying, "And the people saw it, and did witness of it, and were angry with him because of his power; and he did also do many more miracles in the sight of the people, in the name of Jesus" (3 Nephi 7:20). 

I want to be like Nephi. I want the Lord to trust me like He trusted Nephi. I do not expect or care to raise people from the dead. That is not what I am saying. I am saying that I want to be the kind of person that would do anything for the Lord. The kind of person that would give up my life for His cause. I want to have a burning testimony within me that all can see--not for my own gain, but rather so that I may help others come to the truth. I want to become all that the Lord desires of me, and be the tool He intended me to be. I am positive that Nephi fulfilled all that the Lord required of him.

Later in this chapter, it talked about the importance of being "baptized unto water" in order to receive full repentance (24). What a testimony of the importance of baptism, of washing our sins away, of turning to our God through our act of being baptized.

No comments:

Post a Comment