Friday, September 12, 2014

Alma 5

Come Unto Christ and Be Perfected in HIM

I few days ago I posted all of the questions from Alma 5. I believe they are questions that I need to be constantly reviewing. It humbles me as I read these questions, because I realize how imperfect I am; however, I also realize the love of my Savior.

I like in Alma 5:34 it reads, "Come unto me and ye shall partake of the fruit of the tree of life; yea, ye shall eat and drink of the bread and the waters of life freely."

We have been taught that the fruit of the tree of life is the love of God, or in other words--eternal life. It is essential for us to continually seek after our Savior. As we come unto him, we are cleansed and purified. I keep telling my kids that we are not meant to be perfect here on this earth. There is no possible way for that to happen. We must do our best, and endure, and then we must allow Christ to make up the difference. The real test is if we can endure. We mustn't set our hearts on perfection, because none of us are going to be perfect; however, as we set our hearts on Christ, and enduring to the end--our perfection will come through Him.

I love in Moroni it says, "Come unto Christ and be perfected in Him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God."

We are not perfect through our own merits, but we are perfected by God's grace and through Christ. As we turn our hearts to Christ, we can be purified in Him, and His grace is sufficient for us all.

As I read through these questions, I can see my own imperfections. This doesn't daunt me or discourage me. It causes me to renew my heart. It causes me to seek Christ more diligently. It gives me direction as to better myself in Christ. I am grateful for scriptures. I know that as I read them, I become more of what my Heavenly Father intended for me to become. The scriptures cause me to renew my heart in Christ on a daily basis, and they lead me in my enduring.

No comments:

Post a Comment