Friday, December 12, 2014

Alma 38

When Alma speaks to his son Shiblon, he says, "And now my son, Shiblon, I would that ye should remember that as much as ye shall put your trust in God even so much ye shall be delivered out of of your trials and your troubles, and your afflictions, and ye shall be lifted up at the last day."

I trust that God can help me. I know that He can change that He can carry me through my trials, and make me whole. I will put my trust in Him. I will not quit. I will look forward to the day when I can look at these trials with a new perspective, because I will have known that God has been with me. All throughout the scriptures, it repeatedly says that we need to "endure". Satan is aware of each of us. It is his goal to pull us from God's pathway. When we make mistakes, he tries to convince us that we should quit and give up. I know that by putting my trust in God, I can endure. I can keep on the pathway to eternal life. There are times when I wish I could say I was perfect, but I know through these struggles, I am being refined into a more compassionate person. And someday I will have become the person the Lord would have me be.

At the end of this chapter it reminds us that it is only through Jesus Christ that we may be saved. As we turn to Him, He will carry us, refine us, and lift us along the path of righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment