Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Alma 50

When Moroni protected his people against the Lamanites it describes him as being constant in his fortifications of the people. In verse 1 it states, "Moroni did not stop making preparations for war, or to defend his people against the Lamanites...digging up heaps of earth round about all the cities", verse 2 it states that Moroni built timbers upon the heaps of earth, and in verse 3 he placed pickets upon those timbers, and in verse 4 he caused towers to be erected and places of security upon those towers. And finally in verse 6 it states, "Thus Moroni did prepare strongholds against the coming of their enemies...".

A few years ago I was stressing about which school Hailey should attend. I wanted to pick the best school for her spiritual development. As I prayed and fasted about our decision, I read these verses and I felt I received an answer to my prayers. I felt that the Lord was telling me that it didn't matter where Hailey went to school--what mattered was what we were doing at home. Were we building up our fortifications? Were we reading our scriptures, saying our prayers, having regular Family Home Evenings? I felt impressed that as we built the spirit in our home, we would be fortifying our children just as Moroni fortified the Lamanites. 

No comments:

Post a Comment