Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Alma 60

This chapter is a letter from Moroni to Pahoran. In this chapter Moroni reminds Pahoran that sometimes it is needful to cleanse the inner vessel. He threatens to clean the inner vessel, or overthrow the government if they are not willing to send needed help. This can be compared to ourselves if we compare our hearts to a vessel. President Ezra Taft Benson said, "As we cleanse the inner vessel, there will have to be changes made in our own personal lives, in our families, and in the Church." (Teachings of Ezra Taft Benson, 72). 

As I contemplate my inner vessel, Moroni mentioned something I should evaluate. He said, "Behold, I am Moroni, your chief captain, I seek not for power, but to pull it down. I seek not for honor of the world, but for the glory of my God, and the freedom and welfare of my country..." (Alma 60: 36).

I think it is easy to get caught up in the world and neglect the things that matter most. As I read this section, I paused and evaluated my heart. Am I seeking honors of the world? I hope not. Am I glorying in my God? I hope so. What am I doing to build the kingdom? 

These points are definitely cause me to reflect, and look inward. I hope I am accomplishing what my Heavenly Father would ask of me, and if not--I hope I am on my way to correcting my wrongs. I know I am not perfect. I know I have a long way to go, and I know that there are things I can fix. It is my prayer that I will understand just what it is that I need to fix, and then do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment