Friday, November 21, 2014

Conversations

Pahoran: A Mighty Example

Today I was talking to a friend about every day life situations. We talked about Pahoran, and how he wasn't offended when Moroni censored him in the Book of Mormon. I think Pahoran is my guide in the scriptures. He is the answer to putting off the natural man. If I were to honestly evaluate how I would react if someone wrote me a letter accusing me of doing something I had not, and then demanded that I repent--I think I may have been a bit angry. Actually...I know I would have been. I can hope that I may have handled myself like Pahoran after my frustration subsided--that is my hope. I hope the Savior is in my life enough that I could have and I would have done what Pahoran did. I don't know if I would have, but because I have Pahoran as an example, I know that I can pray to rise above the every day accusations now. I have a choice to allow myself to be offended, or to do as Pahoran and say, "it matterth not; I am not angry, but do rejoice in the greatness of your heart" (Alma 61:9). Can you imagine? "I rejoice in the greatness of your heart" (Alma 61:9). Talk about seeing things from a different perspective. In all honesty, what really matters anyway? Our every day misunderstandings will seem so insignificant in the whole scheme of things. They seem so REAL now, but when life is said and done--I know I will want to be able to look back on the story of my life and see that I acted as Pahoran would have acted. After all, I'm writing that story, so I have a choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment