Friday, October 17, 2014

Faith

Conversion of Lamoni; Faith

I love the faith of King Lamoni when Ammon asked him if he would believe on his words, and the king said, "Yea, I will believe all thy words" (Alma 18: 23). And then a few verses later; after Lamoni had heard about the Gospel of Jesus Christ the scriptures state that he truly did believe the words of Alma (Alma 18:40), and Lamoni prayed saying, "O Lord, have mercy; according to thy abundant mercy..." (Alma 18:41).

I love that Lamoni was filled with such great faith. He trusted in all that he was taught. He was ready to listen and take action. He heard the word, and then he asked for help.

I want to have that kind of faith. I want to trust in the Spirit of God. I want to take action in my life that will point me towards Heaven. I want to pray as Lamoni that God will have mercy, and keep me safe from Satan's temptations. I want to become all that God has in store for me.

O Lord, please guide me.

No comments:

Post a Comment